Lion vision statement
Our vision is a Malawi free from preventable musculoskeletal and neurosurgical disability.
Lion mission statement
Our mission is to alleviate orthopaedic and neurosurgical disability and its economic impact on the people of Malawi through provision of high quality, equitable, safe and compassionate surgical care and rehabilitation, effective and efficient management, valuing our staff and clients, and conducting quality research and training.
- Providing the best, patient centered clinical services in orthopaedics, neurosurgery, diagnostics and rehabilitation.
- Continuous training of health care workers for the nation.
- Conducting ethical and relevant research to inform policy and practice.
- Valuing our competent and dedicated staff so they can provide the best possible care to others.
- Efficient and effective management to ensure financial sustainability, operational controls, and organisational excellence and growth.
Lion core values
- Compassion - We believe every patient should be treated with kindness, dignity, caring and sympathy, keeping their best interests in mind.
- Professionalism - You can be sure of our staff’s knowledge, competence, integrity, respect and confidentiality.
- Equity of access - We believe that all people should have access to quality, affordable healthcare, independent of gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, political views, race, ethnicity, religion, or any disability.
- Patient safety - We work tirelessly to prevent errors and adverse effects to our patients and clients associated with our services, by continuously monitoring our performance, training our staff, and empowering our patients to be partners in their care.
- Quality - We place quality at the heart of all our activities, through interdisciplinary teamwork, effective governance and management, measuring how we are doing against evidence based standards, and making sure we are continuously training, researching and improving.